/* */ Beulah Bee: Destination

May 11, 2015

Destination


Inspiration can come from anywhere and, sometimes, it's only after I make something that I realize what the probable source of my creativity was.

This tag is most likely the result of my recent binge-watching of an HBO series which aired some years ago and focuses on human mortality and the lives of those who deal with it on a daily basis.



I used gesso with Tim's Scribbles stencil to create a background that was tinted with Distress inks.

My muse picked the three images: a gravestone, banner and woman, which I printed in smaller scale then cut-out and collaged.

Some tissue paper and scrapbook paper bits were added for balance and the tag edges were roughed-up and inked.

The TV series features a lot of dream sequences which must explain why I chose to use this particular sentiment from Tim's Remant Rubs.




I'll close this post by sharing a link to this Ted Talk on inspiration and creativity from Elizabeth Gilbert which I discovered via Seth Apter's blog, The Altered Page.

It seems appropriate to share it with this tag and I believe you may enjoy it and find it as useful as I did.