/* */ Beulah Bee: Winged Things

April 18, 2014

Winged Things

A long, long time ago, when I was just a kid, me and the boy next door used to run around with butterfly nets, all summer long, because they were everywhere and it was fun to try and catch them. Thankfully, our aim was terrible and most escaped our grasp. But I rarely see butterflies anymore.

It's sad to think that today's children may be missing out on this adventure. Perhaps too much black pavement and too little green is the cause.


I made the butterflies using alcohol inks on a transparency, stamped with Archival ink, cut out and pasted to book paper then edged with Stickles.

The background is black gesso; the leaf layer made using paste medium with a hand-made stencil then tinted and distressed with acrylic paints.

The white marking was done with a very fine brush and white acrylic paint, a gelly roll made the text.

I've linked it to the Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp where the theme is Winged Things.