June 07, 2017

Fearless


For several months, I've single-handedly done everything necessary to get my parent's home ready to sell (sorting, packing, donating, scrubbing, painting, etc.) and it's been all-consuming and sometimes overwhelming. But I'm happy to report it's 90-percent done and I am starting to savor a sense of accomplishment. It has made me feel confident (like I can tackle anything now) and I have great expectations of good things to come.

I tell you this to explain the inspiration for my "alternative manly creation" made for Simon's Monday challenge this week. I'm so happy to have the time to make something!

Using a vintage pre-printed alterations tag, I created a background with Distress Oxides, cut and pasted the boys (from a printed digital image) and the "Fearless" text (from a Trader Joe's flyer) and added some Big Chat stickers. "No. 5" is a stamp from the Tim Holtz Correspondence stamp set.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome tag! Glad to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is so beautiful! Love the fantastic vintage effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Trader Joe's flyer?? Wow! I guarantee that's the best that a Trader Joe's flyer is ever going to look! And I loved the story behind your tag. Congrats on powering through that task, which must be exhausting on many levels. You go, girl! And thanks for taking time to inspire the rest of us along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine taking on a task that big alone but good for you! Even through your exhaustion you created an awesome tag. The background is amazing! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you continue your artistic endeavors even with all the work you've been doing. Sometimes we need the creative outlet. I agree with the above sentiments - a Trader Joe's flyer! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great job with your's parents home and to get time to create something so beautiful as this tag, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tag is absolutely amazing! I always admire your attention to detail and composition.

    Have a lovely day!
    Gaby xo


    ReplyDelete
  8. I expect a period similar to what you have spent and I hope to have time to keep doing my art! The tag is stunning as always, your work always give me so many emotions! You are unique in telling stories with the pictures! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful tag - just amazing! Well done with your parents!♥

    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete