/* */ Beulah Bee: Santa Baby's Got Bling

December 08, 2013

Santa Baby's Got Bling

Santa, tag

This tag was created for Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist challenge and was inspired by Julia Stainton's "shabby chic" tag from Day 6.

I used an emboss resist technique to create the background on a plain manila tag with a Tim Holtz Christmas stamp (placed in multiple areas to cover the entire surface) and some Distress Inks (Dusty Concord, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye and Spun Sugar). To keep it looking shabby, I lightened the colors here and there with Picket Fence Distress Stain.

bling, santa, tag

Santa's image (another Christmas stamp by Tim) was tinted with Distress Inks and placed in a glittered frame. I used my sewing machine to attach the lace trimmings then added strips of home-made washi tape and some glittered stars.

Thanks for the inspiration, Julia! I really like shabby chic and my whole house would be in this style but the king of this castle is none too crazy about it. If you like it too, then check out Crooks & Nannies, a favorite spot of mine.