/* */ Beulah Bee: A Wish (and a Prayer) for Callie

December 07, 2013

A Wish (and a Prayer) for Callie

My sister in-law, Callie, has a lump in her breast. Her mom died at the same age she is now from breast cancer. Callie never had a mammogram, I can't understand why. Her husband felt the lump and now she's being treated for it.

My mom had breast cancer this year but she is 83 years old and the doctors treat it very differently than they would if it was found in a younger person.

I've learned more about breast cancer this year than I ever expected to and must remind anyone who reads this about the importance of regular mammograms. It's so much easier to cure when it's caught early.

moth, greeting card

I made this card for Callie by staining black and white scrapbook paper with Distress Inks, added a hand-cut frame made from black card stock, used 7 Gypsies Conservatory paper inside the frame and cut the moth from a page of Idea-ology Kraft Resist stained with Distress Inks and a touch of Perfect Pearls.

I like this card a lot and I know I do my best work when strong emotions are involved but wish the circumstances were different for this one.